Friday, August 13, 2010

Reminders

Some days I sit wondering how I'm going to respond to those closest to us when we do tell them our news.  I'm not worried about our decision to add another member to our family, but unfortunately, a person is still affected by the words that come out of their family and friends.  Yes, we have a small house (smaller than most people's apartment), bills that always need to be paid, busy schedules, etc.  None of that really matters though because we have home filled with love.  We know through faith we will be provided for and our needs will be met.  Therefore, our hearts yearn for another blessing and we know we'll be just fine - we're happy and the rest all works itself out (it has this far)!

Today, I was reading a post from a young lady named Katie, who lives in Uganda and has adopted 14 girls!  God works in mysterious ways and through Katie's post, I was given the reminder I needed...

She wrote about Genesis 33 where Esau approaches Jacob about the many children following behind him.  Esau asks Jacob, "and who are these with you?"  Jacobs reply: "These are the children that the Lord saw fit to bless me with."  She was referring to adoption in her case, but I also felt it applied to the feelings associated with opinions on how many children one family should have.

If the Lord sees it fit to bless us with a third miracle - we will most graciously accept it!  I'm more ready now, for the questions "why more when you had one of each already?  how are you going to fit more in your house? what about this? what about that?" etc
    "These are the children that the Lord saw fit to bless us with!"

As I'm finishing up and glancing over the comments of the post, I see this verse...

"...with God all things are possible."  Matthew 16:26

Yes, yes they are!  We are ready for whatever He has in store for us next!

No comments:

Post a Comment