Monday, October 25, 2010

PNV's

If you remember a little while back I discussed my desire for the "perfect" PNV on this post - I recently did some more research on PNV's in an attempt to save some money.  I spent around $75 for a 60-day supply after my insurance coverage on the prescription PNV-DHA.  My insurance is changing in 2011 - meaning I will have to pay a lot more out-of-pocket for this prescription if I keep taking it.

So, I did some research and narrowed down my choices and then finally decided on the Super Nutrition Simply One Prenatal Multi-Vitamin and Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA.  Due to my acid reflux issues, I'm not really looking forward to taking so many pills, but it's only once per day and I got a 90 day supply for far less than the 60 days supply of RX PNV's - I'll just have to suck it up!  The PNV's have 1000 mcg's of folic acid and lots of other good quantites of vitamins, plus they claim to be gentle on the stomach.  I was already a fan of Nordic Naturals quality, pharmaceutical grade vitamins and expect the prenatal DHA will live up to their good background - my TT's take their Nordic Berries and children's DHA gummies. 

I'm still stalking my order through Fed-ex...hoping it'll be here tomorrow!  I'll be sure to post again on how I like them after a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment